Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chicago Marathon 2010

So...I've never run a marathon. Never ran anything over a 10k. Still, I'm going to attempt (and hopefully complete) the Bank of America Chicago Marathon in October. I'll be running as a member of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention charity team.

I've been volunteering with them for the past year and did publicity for their community walk this past October. Still, this marathon is a bit more frightening. It's 26.2 miles. Am I nuts?

AFSP's marathon team is the 1st of its kind in AFSP history. And we're hoping to set an example in our efforts, do some fundraising and give other state chapters inspiration to try this in their community.

Now....which running shoes to get? I need to get in marathon shape!

If anyone out there is running but isn't affiliated with a charity team but wants to...check out our team website!

1 comment:

  1. Wow seems the Chicago marathon 2010 is a great success. Congratulation to the winners!!!

    saucony running shoes

    ReplyDelete