Sunday, April 11, 2010

RIP Dixie Carter

Like many of my friends, I watched "Designing Women" with my mom. I loved the show because my mom did, even though I didn't understand a lot of the adult humor. As I got older and watched re-runs, I ended up loving the show and would stay up during college to watch it on the 11pm time slot.

My favorite character? Julia Sugarbaker, obviously. Probably because she was the center of the best parts of the show. The character had a feisty attitude and was blatantly honest. Come to think of it...Julia Sugarbaker reminded me a lot of my mom.

Honestly, I couldn't see anyone other than Dixie Carter in this role and doubt anyone else could have done the party the justice it deserved.

Dixie Carter's most infamous clip? Defending her sister, played by Delta Burke, to the '86 Reigning Miss Georgia World. And in honor of this brilliant actress. I present the YouTube link for your enjoying pleasure.

Click here

RIP Dixie Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment