Monday, April 12, 2010

Kitchen Tales: Meridith's New Signature Sandwich

There couldn't possibly be more delicious selections than what goes between two slices of bread. I'm talking about an American classic--the sandwich. Creations are ENDLESS. And while I like to go all out when I cook or entertain my friends, sometimes, you have to just stick to your guns and make it a sandwich.

When Brianne was in town a couple months ago, we had a lazy Saturday afternoon and decided to stay in for lunch. I knew we'd have sandwiches because I didn't have much else, but it wasn't until I went all gourmet on that sandwich that I got excited about it.

I present to you....Meridith's New Signature Sandwich.




Please wipe the drool off your face. Salivating will not help. To make this sandwich, you will need:

Ingredients:
Whole wheat & grain organic bread
Mayo mixture (see below)
Sliced chipotle turkey
Sliced pepper jack
Bacon, lettuce, sliced tomato & avocado

For the mayo mixture:
In a food processor combine lite mayo (I use Miracle Whip b/c I'm from the MIDWEST! WOOT!), 1 clove garlic & fresh dill. Pulse & blend until chopped, combined and smooth.

How to make...
Toast bread under broiler
Spread mayo mixture on 1 side
Top bread w/ turkey & pepper jack (*toast the meat & cheese under broiler for 1-2 mins if you want the cheese to melt)
Add turkey bacon, lettuce, sliced tomato & avocado


COOK'S TIP: Being that turkey bacon has proven to not be any better for you than regular bacon, you might as well just use regular bacon. God knows it tastes better. Just make sure it's a decent kind & tear off the fatty parts. Turkey bacon was all I had in the fridge that day.

ENJOY! And let me know how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment